A little too late...

Teri didn't know what to think or expect at this point. Driving away next to this man and not knowing what he has planned for them, next thing you know Brian's face popped up on her phone. Her heart started pounding, she hadn't heard from him since the first day she got home. For some crazy reason she wanted to answer the phone, but she didn't instead she reminded herself where she was and who she was with.


"So what is in Europe?", Teri asked. "Don't damper the mood by focusing on me leaving T. Let's just enjoy our time together, I promise you I will fill you in of all the details". "James why the secret, it must have something to do with a female. We use to talk about everything don't hold back now", she said sarcastically. James started laughing, get out the car we are here. Teri didn't even realize where he was driving to, she had not been here in so long. She started grinning from ear to ear as he walked around to open her door. He took her hand and helped her get out the truck and he said "we can walk and talk".



It is March in Michigan so they were a little bundled up, but the sun was out and the atmosphere by the lake is amazing. So James where should we begin? Well Lady T, how about we start with you and Brian cause that is where we left off. Teri's throat went dry and she didn't want to talk about him. It's OK Teri, James said I know you two are still together. WHAT!! how, have you been keeping tab's on me? No "T" I'm not keeping tabs I seen you with him not to long ago. Why didn't you speak let me know you were there? It wouldn't have been appropriate I was with a female friend also so it really wasn't a good idea. So tell me who is this female, and where is she now? No Missy, back to Brian. Ok, ok what do you want to know, and why are you so concerned about him? I want to know where the two of you stand today.



Teri, didn't know what to say, hell just yesterday Brian was inside of her bringing her to ecstasy. What she did know was that she had these little butterflies in her stomach and she could never lie to James even if she wanted to. Well yes Brian and I are still technically together, but we are not on good terms right now. They were starting to walk out on a small bridge over the lake. Teri was getting colder and nervous and James noticed it. He put his arm around her and asked " What he do this time?" She began to laugh, you know it's true James said.



Let's see, we have been together since high school, we go to to separate colleges, we see each other a couple of times a month. Teri, cut it out what is really going on? Baby I can see it in your eyes I know you to well as James insisted on getting the truth. Teri felt herself getting choked up, "how can he still know me this well after all these years?" They were leaning over the rail and looking out to the water. James took Teri's hand and she looked into his eyes. "T" its me talk to me, something is wrong let me in.



The tears were swelling up and she was trying to keep it together. She blurted out, "I just can't trust him anymore. Brian cheated on me last summer and our relationship just hasn't been the same. I really think we stay together just because everyone expects us to since we have been together so long, but I'm tired of dealing with it." "Then don't James interjected, you deserve better. Teri, you are the perfect woman and any man would be lucky to have you." Next thing you know Brian was calling. She looked at the phone then looked at James. Answer it he said, I don't want to be rude Teri responded. Just answer the phone.



Hello, Teri said as she answered the phone. Where are you I have been calling you all day, Brian yelled into the phone. I told you I had plans with friends today stop trippin', Teri snapped back. It is almost 6pm and I haven't heard from you I wanted us to catch a movie and spend some time together. I know I messed up Teri and I want to make it up to you, Brian said. I love you and yes I was out with that girl but I didn't hit it I sware. We had some drinks and just kicked it. I haven't been with anyone else since the last time. I'm really trying to be a better man for our future. Brian just continued to go on and on but Teri was watching James from a far as she held the phone. James realized that she was watching him and their eyes connected and he gazed into her eyes the same way he use to when they were in high school. Brian, I have to go. What what about us hooking up Brian yelled out. I will call you later right now I'm in the middle of something, I have to go. She walked back over to James and apologized about the call, you are good he replied. Do I need to take you back to your parents house? No, not at all you leave Sunday and I don't know when I'm going to see you again. Well its getting late and we need to go back to my house and get changed for dinner, James said. Wait you said casual and cute I need to change?, Teri asked.



The drive back to James house was kinda quiet. Teri was starring out of the window in confusion. She couldn't believe that Brian actually wanted to have a date night on a Friday. He usually is out with his boys Friday and Saturday night whenever they are back home in the city. Teri started to feel guilty for being with James, especially since her man wanted to spend time with her for a change. James didn't live to far from the lake and he had his own thoughts of confusion going on during the drive. James was just hoping that everything went as planned and how was Teri going to react when he tells her about his secret.



They pulled up to the condo and James opened her door, always being a perfect gentleman. He takes her and tells Teri to follow him. He takes her into his guest room. Teri didn't know what to think at this point, she didn't know to be happy or not. She just told herself to go with the flow. As she walked further into the room she noticed a box on the bed. James comes in behind her and whispers in her ear open it its for you. "James what is this for?" Teri asked. Just open it and let me know if you like it or not, James stated. Teri opens the box and there is a very cute black wrap dress. James, what is this for and how did you know my size! Do you like it James asked? I love it, good now put it on so we aren't late for dinner James yelled out as he closed the door to the guest room.



Teri got dressed and touched up her makeup. She was all dolled up and ready to go. She went to open the door and was startled by James. Wow, you look great! Thank you, Teri responded, you don't look to bad yourself. How about a glass of wine before we go, James suggested. Teri said wine sounds good as she sat down on the sofa. James sat down next to Teri on the sofa and as he gave her her glass asked what happen on the phone with Brian? Honestly Teri responded he was trying to have a date night. Oh do you need me to drop you off somewhere James asked. No Teri said I want to be with you tonight. Are you sure about that Teri, I don't want to keep you from anything or anyone. Don't we have reservations in a few Teri asked. Yes we should go James responded. They both headed for the door and as James reached to unlock and open it he stopped and looked at Teri and said thanks. For what she asked, James responded for choosing me. Teri almost burst into tears, she regretted choosing Brian over James for years and now here they are again. Teri didn't say anything but James didn't expect her to. But before he opened the door he kissed her passionately to show his gratitude......

No comments:

Post a Comment