Not enough time.....(cont)

Pregnant! James are you serious? Teri, let me explain please, it isn't what you think. Really, you didn't just have sex with me for hours and then tell me that you are about to be a daddy, Teri shouted out as she got out of the shower. Teri, listen just hear me out. NO! You can go straight to Hell! You wined and dined me tell me how much I have always been in your heart. For what, for you to get my hopes up and put a knife in my heart. I trusted you James, and this is the bull you dish out to me, Teri storms out in a rage.

James doesn't know what to do now. He just didn't want to keep anything from her now that she was back in his life. "Damn, what am I going to do now? How am I going to get her to hear me out?" He turns off the shower and starts to dry off with so many thoughts in his mind. All he wanted to do was be straight up just in case they have a chance to make it later. He wants Teri in his life forever as a friend if nothing more and now he is worried that he has ruined that chance.


Teri, had never felt so used and betrayed in her life. "How could he do this to me?" she thought. James is the one man that she trusted no matter what and this is how he repays her. "I don't believe I just had sex with him, I just cheated on my man and for what?" Teri grabbed her cell phone to call Dani, but before she could dial the number she heard James talking to someone. "Who is he talking to?" she thought, Teri raised up off the bed and walked to the door slowly.

"Polo, I told her about the baby and I think I have ruined everything. Naw dog, she didn't give me a chance to explain anything. I just need to figure out how to make this right. You know how much she means to me and how long I have waited to spend time like this with her. Lo, I don't know, what should I do?" As Teri stood there eaves dropping her rage decreased. "Who is he talking to and why is he so concerned about us when he has a baby on the way", Teri was thinking to herself. She opened the door and James looked up, "Lo, I'll hit you up later" James said as he hung up the phone.


Teri, baby will you please let me explain? James how could you touch me and feel me the way that you did just to turn around and hurt me like this. I know that we haven't seen each other in years but damn, I thought we were better then that. "T", that's why I had to tell you cause we are better then that. Our night has been perfect and the way that we just made love was amazing that's why I had to tell you. We could have easily kicked it all night and all day tomorrow I would have got on a plane and that would have been that. You mean far too much to me for me to do you like that. Ok so tell me what is going on, Teri asked as she sat down in a chair across the room from him.


Well, this young lady and myself have been dating off and on since my freshman year in college. We had never been in a real committed relationship just dated hear and there and we would have sex but that was it. So about a year ago we decided to become a couple everything was good in the beginning. Then she got real possesive and would do stalker type things. Stalker? like what Jay asked Teri. "T" She would show up at places that she knew I would be with my friends, family a couple of times she even showed up at events for my job. Ok,ok so if she does all this how in the world is she pregnant now, clearly it wasn't that much of a bother to you. It got crazy Teri, but once I took the architect job that I have now she couldn't keep up with me. Once I left school and started working full-time we never had time for one another. But my company had a masqurade ball planned for last Halloween, somehow she found out about it and showed up.

Wait, so the two of you weren't really speaking but she was still tracking you down? Yes, but I didn't even know it that was the crazy part. Jay you should have taken a restrainig order out on her, hell is she going to be in the elevator when we leave. Not funny "T", now the next part is going to be hard to believe so listen closely. "If it is going to make me mad I don't even want to know", said Teri. Let me get back to the ball cause that is where it all went down. My date was someone that went to school with both of us but I didn't know that they knew one another. Now me and ole girl had been kicking it for like a month on the low cause I never knew what to expect from Shauna. We were at the ball enjoying ourselves dancing, laughing drinkig the whole nine. So Lisa, my date, went to the restroom and when she came back the party continued like nothing had changed but little did I know that I was dancing with Shauna. What! ok now you are going to far James. No, baby please hear me out, the ball was in the Renissance so I had a room for after the ball. But what I didn't know was that Lisa and Shauna were in on this together. "Huh, what do you mean", Teri asked in confusion.


See Lisa and I were dating for a month or so and she apporached me at school. But what I learned later was that when I was disassociating myself from Shauna they started working together. To make a long story short, after the ball I went to my room with who I thought was Lisa and it turned out to be Shauna. You know what you are full of it James. I sware to you Teri, James walks over as he continues to explain what happened. She kept her masque on all night I didn't really think much of it hell it was halloween. Once we got to the room she undressed and kept the masque on I figured she was being a little freaky. I had never been with Lisa so I had no idea of knowing how she got down. Where I was wrong was that once the masque came off it was during the sex and I kept going when I should have stopped.


So let me get this straight?, Teri asked. You cut Shauna off cause she was crazy, she then got Lisa to date you with plans to one day get you again. I know it sounds crazy but I sware to you it's the truth, James pleaded. Ok so after you realized that it was Shauna you just continued to have sex like it was no big deal. Look, I regret that everyday and I should have got her off me but I was caught up in the moment. It got ugly afterwards and I put her out, but the damage was done she called me two months later telling me she was pregnant. That was when I seen you and Brian out, she was telling me that night. Wow, this is crazy, I mean she has issues but you were stupid to continue doing what you were doing once you realized what was going. The frustration began to start all over for Teri. But not because she was feeling used but because now she was mad cause her friend did something so stupid.


Teri walks into the kitchen and begins to open the wine up. But of course James stops her so he can do it. Teri, listen this doesn't change how I feel about you and I hope you can say the same. Shauna and I are in a better place I'm going to take care of my son and that is that. Son, Teri reapeated, you already know what you are having? Yes, that was the phone call I got today when you said I seen a ghost. She had a doctor's appointment but I had so much running around to do for my trip I couldn't make it. "Baby can we please start over", asked James. I know you weren't expecting all of this but don't hold it against me "T". James poured the wine for both of them, saying "Truths". Teri was still a little upset, she walked over to the table to look at the movies that James got for them. Eddie Murphy Delirious,Purple Rain,Under the Cherry Moon, and Beat Street, as she read the titles out loud she just began to smile. He remembered some of her favorite movies of all times. Did I do ok, he asked with a smile. Of course you did, you remembered some of my favorites, how do you do that Teri asked.

Which one do you want to watch first? Purple Rain of course Teri responded. Do you want to watch on the couch or in the bed? The bed is fine cause it is getting late. Teri led the way into the room and crawled up into bed. James put the movie in and as he got in the bed with Teri he mentioned how cute her sleeping attire was. She told him this guy got it for her but don't tell him I'm wearin it for you tonight. The two of them started to laugh and he turned and kissed her and thanking her for a wonderful evening. Right as she said thank you Teri's phone started to ring she grabbed and answered it. Hello, Hey baby come open the door, I'm outside. Teri stared at James and mouthed its Brian.......

1 comment: