Not enough time.....

As the two released from the sensual, passionate short kiss James whispered "we should go". Teri was blown away by the kiss, but of course she had to snap back and not let James know. James opened the truck door being the gentleman that he always is and held Teri's hand to help her up. As James walked around to the driver's side his phone rung and he stopped and took the call. All Teri could think was, I knew it was too good to be true that is the girlfriend calling. When James got into the truck Teri noticed this blank look on his face. Is everything ok? you look like you have seen a ghost. No I'm good, James responded let's go. Teri was curious but didn't want to ruin the night, it was going so well and that kiss had her on cloud nine.

As they were riding and talking a song came on that had both of them go completely silent. Wow is this really on the radio right now, asked Teri. Man this song has some memories, James responded. Teri started to relive the past in her head as the song continued to play. James, do you remember being on the phone all night and not wanting to hangup so we would fall asleep and wake up hours later not missing a beat? Yes, or when I wasn't suppose to be on the phone so you would call and let the phone ring once then hangup so I knew to call back, man the good ole days James said with a smile. They both started to sing the song, "I can't believe that this is happening to us we made vows to never depart". Isn't it crazy how Guy's Goodbye Love had us recall the love that we had, mumbled James.

What did you just say Jay?, asked Teri. James, glanced over at Teri and grabbed her hand it was love "T" we were just too young to know it. She did not know what to say, all she knew was that she had butterflies in her stomach and confusion in her mind. James, as Teri began to speak he cut her off we are here. As valet came to open the doors she started to regret this date. What have I gotten myself into, I have a man and he loves me, we are going to get married after college, have a family...Next thing you know James grabbed her hand and all of the anxiety and thoughts of Brian went away.

Ok when did this get here, asked Teri. James laughed, do you ever come home? Yes I do smarty pants but I don't usually go out on romantic evenings when I'm home. As they were being seated James asked why not? Isn't that part of being in a relationship to experience things like this. Yes but Brian and I are trying to finish school so we can do all of those things later. The waiter came over to take their orders. James ordered a bottle of their best wine, he had steak and Teri had the salmon. It was quiet during dinner, Teri was trying to figure out how she got herself into this and James was trying to figure out how the night was going to go.

They ordered desert and out of no where James began to stare at her. What?, she asked as she ate her chocolate cake. Teri, why did you react that way when I told you that I loved you when we were younger. Teri dropped her fork, she wasn't expecting that question at all. Honestly, I didn't know what to say, I realized that I loved you after I made my decision and I've just dealt with it. I just thought that you didn't feel the same way. I use to ask Dani all the time why won't he ask me to be his girlfriend? All the hours, nights, days that we spent so much time together. I mean really Jay people thought we were a couple when we weren't. Teri, we kinda were, you just wanted me to be "that guy" instead of letting me be your guy. "T" I was your best friend, I was your man without saying it, I wanted you to be my first and you ran from that and decided to be with Brian. So let me ask you, Are you happy? Teri, excused herself from the table and went to the restroom.

As she stared in the mirror she dreaded this day for years. The time when she would have to face the decision she made, why did she choose Brian? James is perfect and knows her like the back of his hand. On top of it all he was always there for her even when she didn't deserve it. Teri felt the tears coming, what has she done? Get it together "T". When she returned to the table James was gone, right when she was about to lose it a bellman from the hotel approached her. Ms. Wilson, yes that's me Teri answered. Mr. Randall asked me to take you to him, ok she responded. She followed him to the top floor where all the suites were located. He gave her a key and told her which room to enter. Teri walked slowly down the hall nervous from not knowing what to expect.

She opened the door and gasped for air. The view was amazing, Canada is always beautiful at night. The lights in the suite were dim, there was a bottle of wine in the kitchenette area and some of her favorite movies on the table in front of the sofa. As she entered the bedroom there were pink rose pedals on the bed and a box with her name on it. Teri opened the box to find a tank top and a pair of matching boy shorts. James knows her so well to not spend money on lingerie she hates it and considers it a waste.

Teri began to laugh and James appeared behind her with his arms grabbing her waist. She felt his breath on her neck, you never answered me are you happy "T"? Teri, dropped her head down and looked at the floor not saying yes or no. James began to unwrap her wrap dress by pulling on the ties and whispered in her ear. I have always loved you and I always will. Teri began to cry and slowly turned to face him. James continued, as he wiped her tears listen I know you have love for Brian I get that. I don't want you to do anything you don't want me to if you want to watch movies and talk all night we can, if you want to go home your things are here I will take you home. What does Teri want? I want you to tell me that I'm not just a piece of ass that got away and now you trying to make up for lost time before you get on some plane to go across the world, Teri shouted out.

Teri Lynn Wilson, you know me better then myself, James stated. Baby you can finish my sentences if you wanted to we fit like a puzzle it has been years and the chemistry is still here. Not because I need a nut I can get that anywhere, but because I have always wanted you no matter who I was with and now you are here. I'm not about to miss out on this opportunity for anyone or anything. You have a part of my heart that no other woman can ever touch and that is why we are here. James you are about to move to Europe, she responded and I'm still with Brian. "Do you love him?", James asked. "Yes I do" Teri answered, "But are you in love with him? Or are you dealing with it because of the time and that is what everyone expects you to do?" James questioned. Teri's head was spinning, James had a valid point even before she seen him she was willing to let Brian go.

The room was silent and Teri walked over to the bed. Look get dressed and I will take you home, No Teri yelled out. James turned around and seen his best friend in the entire world in pain and confusion. He went over to the bed and got down in front of her and said. I have you back in my life and I'm not letting you go, I will take whatever I can get you mean too much to me. Teri grabbed him around his neck and hugged like she was holding on for dear life. As the tears began to slow down and the embrace unwrapped their eyes locked like they use to when they were in world history class in high school.

Something came over them, something that was uncontrollable. James took his hand and began to part Teri's thighs gently. She wasn't hesitant at all as she realized that she was getting weaker and her body felt as if she was floating. It went so quickly and smooth that she missed when James pulled her panties off and now had began to massage her walls gently with his fingers as they began to kiss. He was so sensual and delicate to the touch that Teri couldn't think straight to register what was happening but she knew that she had never felt this way with anyone else. He slowly laid her back into the rose pedals that were positioned on the bed as he began to taste her sweetness in ways and places like never before. Teri was in such ecstasy she thought the room was spinning. Right before she reached her wonderful point of release everything stopped and James was entering her slowly and carefully making sure he touched every part of Teri. They began to move to a rhythmic pulse and their breath was on one accord and nothing else mattered in the world. This was the best feeling she had ever felt and she never wanted it to end. Her wish was coming true James had amazing control and he made love to Teri all over that suite causing her to have multiple orgasms. But the final one when they reached their pleasure peak was miraculous as they overlooked the water and the city lights of Canada. The screams of passion took over and they were the only ones in the hotel in their minds.

Three hours had passed and they were heading to the shower slowly and with great exhaustion. Teri had been completely blown away and she was in shock as well. No man had ever made her feel this way or touched her the way that James did this night. As they shower James reassured Teri that the ball is in her court and that he just really wants a chance to make things work. Don't worry about Europe and you can have all the time you need to determine what it is you want but I am here. Teri kissed him and said thank you and began to explain there are things that she doesn't understand and will need time but she doesn't regret what happened or how it happened. James said it isn't over we have an entire day left and maybe we can sort through somethings together.

"T" remember I told you I had to tell you something. Ummm yeah, wussup Teri responded as she washed her hair. I recently got out of a relationship, ok Teri says. My ex is pregnant, Teri drops the soap in the shower, She is WHAT?......

2 comments:

  1. Drama! I must say, stuff like that makes me glad I am married. OMG! From a woman's perspective, he should not have kicked it with her if he just got out of a relationship. From a writer's perspective, good twist. Complex characters are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fortunate to find this site. I was surfing and stumbled upon this site to my amazement and happiness. At first I thought the writing was much smaller than it is, but after scrolling down a bit farther, I realized that there was more to read, and was it ever interesting. If this writer continues on the path that she is presently on, she stands to become the next "Toni Morrison" or "Terry McMillan". She definitely has the chops to follow in the path of great writers of our time.

    ReplyDelete